I’ve had many clients including myself who encountered many problems, questions or concerns with new companies and simply wanted to contact them with more questions or concerns. I went to their customer service page only to realized it wasn’t a phone number listed. However, it was an email address listed.
I just knew something was wrong, every reputable company has a phone number, right! Wrong, not nowadays! No customer service number (human) for you to speak to someone, hear their voice and let them explain in detail their response to questions. This my friend is becoming a trend. A new trend most new tech companies and other large companies which are now serving our older adults.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I am a big advocate for excellent customer service, heck my first job was a customer service representative. I believe customer service is the nucleolus of any organization. I even wrote and emailed a few organizations, to express my concern for the lack of verbal customer service and nothing has changed as of yet. Hopefully, it will in the near future.
So, if this is the world we are going to live in, I’ll show you in a few steps on how to navigate customer support now and in the future for companies who doesn’t have verbal customer support.
For this example, we are going to use UBER (the driving app), you would follow similar steps for other organizations as well.
Let’s say your Uber, Lyft or Google app crashed (not responding, stopped working).
If you are having a problem with UBER and wanted to contact them you would google there support contact info, which is:
- 1-800-353-8237, when you call this number they will tell you to call 911 for immediate attention or go to help.uber.com, or open the app on your device and select help in the settings.
- Now the bad news is, you can’t speak with someone in person, the good news is, everything is in writing, smile!
- My experience with using the chat and/or email support is the support representative usually responds within 10 minutes or so. That’s better than waiting hours on the phone.
- My advice, if you need to contact them via email or chat, stand nearby, your phone, tablet or computer, because they will often send you time sensitive instructions. Which will expire anywhere from 10 minutes to 24 hours.
- And…. If all fails, you can ask them to give you a call!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns post them below!