Sometimes, we need to email a large video to someone, and what usually happens. The email says the file is too large. How annoying can that be? You recorded the recital, the band, or the school play for a reason. To show off your grandkids, other family and friends special moments. Technology has come far, but some things are still lacking, like sending a 15 or 20-minute video to someone across the world.
Today I will give you a few options that could possibly help you send those amazing videos today, tomorrow and in the future. That is until something better comes along.
You have two options
- Go to the website “we transfer”
- Share the video using google photos (this is an application inside your Gmail account)
Before we get started, I suggest you log onto your desktop, the screen is bigger and it will be easier to navigate.
First let’s look at Wetransfer
Wetransfer, is a cloud based computer transfer service that helps you transfer large files to your family and/or friends.
- Go to wetransfer.com
- Click on the plus sign and add the files (video/picture) you want to send
- Enter the recipient email address
- Enter your email address
- Type a short message if you like
- Then hit the transfer button, your all done.
This is a free and easy service. When the recipient receives the email, they would simply click on the link and the video will play.
Another option would be to use Google photos for pictures/ videos
For sending videos and pictures
- Go to your gmail account, login
- In the upper right hand corner select the icon that looks like 9 dots/ squares
- Select photos
- Once your photos load, select the photos or videos you would like to share
- Then simply hit the share button in the upper hand corner to the right
- From here you can enter an email address to send the photos or videos.
There you have it folks. Let me know how it goes for you!